Setting up your iPhone to access mail on the Exa Networks mail system requires adding an account to the iPhone's mail settings.
Typically you will be using IMAP for reading your mail, and SMTP for sending mail out. As your iPhone is likely to be connecting to our SMTP server from an IP address outside our range, we also require that your iPhone authenticates securely with your username and password before mail can be sent.
Please follow the steps listed to the right in order to configure your mail account on your iPhone.
- From the front menu, press "Settings".
- From the Settings Screen, press "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- From the M.C.C. screen, press "Add Account" under the "Accounts" section.
- Press "Other" at the foot of the list, then "Add Mail Account" under "Mail".
- Enter your name, full email address, password for your email account and a short description (if required) in the fields shown then press next.
- On the subsequent "New Account" screen, press "IMAP" at the top of the page.
- Under "Incoming Mail Server" enter imap.exa-networks.co.uk as the Host Name, your full email address as the User Name. The "Password" field will be completed from the password entered on the previous screen.
- Under "Outgoing Mail Server" enter smtp.exa-networks.co.uk as the Host Name, your full email address as the User Name and the password for your email account as the Password.
- Press "Next", and on the next "IMAP" screen turn "Mail" on and "Notes" off then press "Save".
- When returned to the list of accounts, press on the new account name then press on "Account" under "IMAP".
- Scroll down to "Outgoing Mail Server" and press on "SMTP".
- Under "Primary Server" press on "smtp.exa-networks.co.uk" and then turn "Use SSL" to "On" in the next screen. Ensure also that "Authentication" is set to "Password" (the default) and "Server Port" is set to "587" (the default), and press "Done".
- Configuration is complete, you can return to the front menu.